Subscale Prototype Design Manager
We are looking for an outstanding Subscale Prototype Design Manager with knowledge and experience in model aircraft design and building to join our innovative team. In this position, you will have the exciting opportunity to be part of the team that is designing a new concept of Electrical Vertical Take Off and Landing Vehicle for urban mobility. You will be working closely with the Mechanical and Aerodynamics Engineering Manager as well as with the Project Manager.
Your main objectives
- Lead the prototype building team in the design and building of small unmanned prototypes of the different concepts of the vehicle.
- Propose solutions, select manufacturing processes and materials for the prototypes.
- Define test procedures for the prototypes.
Your daily duties:
- Work closely with the core members of the company in the design and manufacturing of the prototypes.
- Participate in the tasks of building and testing different prototypes.
- Manage a team of people.
- Perform evaluation of the prototypes’ performance. Help to make decisions about different aspects of the project.
- Engineering degree or similar discipline desired.
- High level of knowledge and experience designing and building model aircraft (required) and small drones (desired).
- High level of self-reliance and an autonomous target-oriented work style is a must Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem-solving skills required.
- Fluent Spanish is essential, a good level of English language would be beneficial.
- Experience working with Opensource control software for small UAV like Ardupilot would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of programming languages and Linux would be beneficial.
About the company
Imago is a company founded in 2013 with more than 5 years of experience developing aerospace technology. Since 2018, we started designing a new kind of vehicle that could solve many of the traffic-related problems that we experience in our cities. If you want to know more about the company, our concept and the news of Imago, we invite you to visit our webpage www.imago.aero.